Voodoo Bacon Pea Soup
- 1 kg frozen peas (If using fresh peas, freeze them)
- 100 grams Voodoo Bacon (diced)
- fresh chives (finely cut)
- boiling water
- Add diced Voodoo Bacon to a sauté pan on medium heat and start to brown. Once evenly brown and crispy pour into a strainer. Reserve the hot bacon fat/oil.
- Add frozen peas to a blender. Pour boiling water over the frozen peas until just covered. Add a pinch of salt and carefully puree making sure not to burn yourself with the boiling water. Puree this until completely smooth.
- Pour through a fine sieve back into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering serve this in a soup bowl. Add cooked Voodoo Bacon to the soup.