Voodoo Bacon and Spanner Crab Pasta
- 350 grams dried spaghettini or angel hair pasta
- 300 grams spanner crab meat
- 100 grams Voodoo Bacon (diced)
- 60 grams Parmigiano-Reggiano (finely grated)
- 60 grams garlic (chopped)
- 2 grams dried chilli flakes
- 3 grams flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 3 grams lemon zest
- 120 grams butter (unsalted)
- sea salt to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the dried pasta and cook to al dente. Remove the pasta and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking. Reserve 100 ml of the pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan add the diced Voodoo Bacon and cook on medium heat until crisp and brown.
- Add butter, lemon zest, chilli flakes, garlic and crabmeat. Cook this over medium heat until the garlic starts to sizzle.
- Add the pasta to the pan toss a few times. Add the pasta water and a little sea salt to taste.
- As the pasta starts to heat through add a small handful of the grated cheese. Toss a few more times.
- Divide the pasta into six bowls and top with the remainder of the cheese. Garnish with the chopped flat leaf parsley.