Voodoo Bacon and Prawn Pasta
- 350 grams dried spaghettini or angel hair pasta
- 300 grams prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 100 grams Voodoo Bacon (diced)
- 60 grams Parmigiano-Reggiano (finely grated)
- 60 grams garlic (chopped)
- 2 grams dried chilli flakes
- 3 grams flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 3 grams lemon zest
- 120 grams butter (unsalted)
- sea salt to taste
- Cook Voodoo Bacon until crispy. Strain bacon fat and reserve the fat for another use,
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the dried pasta and cook to al dente.
- Remove the pasta and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Reserve 100 ml of the pasta water.
- In a large saute pan add the diced Voodoo Bacon and cook on medium heat until crisp and brown.
- Add butter, lemon zest, chilli flakes, garlic and prawns.
- Cook this over medium heat until the garlic starts to sizzle and the prawns start to look cooked.
- Add the pasta to the pan toss a few times.
- Add the pasta water and a little sea salt to taste.
- As the pasta starts to heat through add a small handful of the grated cheese.
- Toss a few more times.
- Divide the pasta into six bowls and top with the remainder of the cheese.
- Garnish with the chopped flat leaf parsley.