Mexi-Cali Roast Chicken with Garlic & Lime
- Whole Chicken (Chef’s tip: buy the smallest chicken you can find)
- Soul Kitchen Spices Mexi-Cali Chicken Rub by George Francisco
- Whole Limes
- Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 160˚C
- Wash chicken and dry. Rub the chicken with sea salt. Let sit at room temperature for 15 mins, you will see the chicken start to sweat.
- Cut limes into medium size pieces.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Mix lime pieces and garlic cloves together and fill the chicken cavity.
- Rub the whole chicken completely with Mexi-Cali Chicken Rub until thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken on baking tray and put into the oven.
- Roast until juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a knife or fork.
- Rest cooked chicken at room temperature for 15 mins.
- Pick the meat off the bone for tacos, nachos, quesadillas or just enjoy!