Green Apple, Kale, Lime and Fennel Pollen Garden Tonic with Voodoo Bacon
makes 6 shot glasses
- 2 green apples
- 150 grams kale
- 1 lime (skin removed)
- 6 grams fennel pollen
- 3 slices Voodoo Bacon
- Take the three thin slices of Voodoo Bacon and place it between two baking trays. Bake in 180 degree oven until crispy. Cut these crisp delicious slices in half so that now you have six slices.
- Using your favorite juice extractor or juicer process the apples, lime and kale. This should be done within a minute or two of serving so that all the nutrients and goodness from the juice are retained.
- Take six shot glasses and dip just the top into the freshly extracted juice. Shake off any excess and then dip the wet rims into the fennel pollen. Just like the salt on the rim of a margarita, there should now be a fennel pollen rim on the shot glasses.
- Carefully pour the juice into each glass making sure not to rinse the pollen from the rim.
- Lay each of the six crispy slices of bacon across the top of the glasses and serve immediately.