Crisp Kale Chips with Voodoo Bacon Dust
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 300g Voodoo Bacon (diced)
- 100ml Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Cook Voodoo Bacon until crispy. Strain bacon fat and reserve the fat for another use, another day.
- Chop crisp bacon as fine as possible. Spice grinder or good blender works well. Place fine chopped, crisp bacon in 100 degree oven until dry. Approximately 30mins. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Wash and dry kale. Remove large stems. Cut into 10cm x 10cm pieces or approximately the size of your hand. Toss lightly in olive oil. Place baking paper on a baking tray. Lay kale pieces on baking paper. Season lightly with salt. Place another piece of baking paper on top of the kale and place another baking tray on top of this to press the kale flat. Place in 120 degree oven and slowly cook the chips until crispy. Approximately 10 – 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle dried Voodoo Bacon Dust onto crisp kale chips and enjoy.